Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010!

It's been a long, long year, but when I look back to where we were one year ago, with the old farmhouse still sitting by the road, I can't believe how much progress we've made!  

Since the house is still such a mess inside, we decided to put our Christmas tree up outside and decorate it for the birds.  The grandkids came up from Columbia to help.  Sophie made the final cut with help from Laura and Tom.


We all strung popcorn and cranberries and rolled magnolia pods in Crisco and bird seed.


The birds loved the Christmas tree!


Soon after the grandkids left, the snow started falling.  We ended up with about 4". 
 It was beautiful while it lasted



The guineas refused to step on that cold white stuff.


The chickens took one look and turned around to spend the day in their house.


Even the cardinals seemed to shiver in the cold.


Back in the farmhouse, we installed a 9' pot rack that we bought on Craig's List 
from an old butcher shop in Monck's Corner, South Carolina.


My plywood countertops were removed and replaced with granite.


Donnie and Steve had to remove my old/new sink so the granite could be installed.


It's a really heavy cast iron sink!


Donnie made windowsills for my kitchen windows.


We are using leftover tin from the ceiling as backsplashes.


It's starting to look like a working kitchen!


And the bathroom sinks were installed!  I can brush my teeth in the house now.


It might be a little warmer around here, too.


Maybe Reese won't have to lie quite so close to the heater!


Happy New Year from Finca de las Piedras, York, SC!

2 comments:

  1. Your dog knows "where it's at!"

    Les Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom The house looks great and the scenery is absolutely beautiful. I loved the Cardinal. The grandkids are so cute and growing so fast. Before you know it they will be all grown up. You know it only takes a little while. It didn't take me long to reach where I am today. I expect to sharpen my long dormant skills at this computer typing.Take care, stay well. Peggy

    ReplyDelete